Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

One Sheet - So Many Possibilities!

Hello everyone! Tya here and I am excited to show you today one of my very favorite boxes ever! I use it all the time and the reason why I love the One-Sheet Box is because I can dress it up so many different ways! So today I wanted to show you the versatility of this cute little box.


These boxes are so simple to make and like the title says it only takes one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. BUT- if you have oodles of 12x12 card stock like I do, I will include the measurements for that size as well. You can get 2 boxes from one sheet of 12x12 card stock with just a little tweaking of the measurements. The box ends up a little bit skinnier, but you still use the same steps to make it!  So it can also be a 2 for 1 sheet box as well!  :)

The tutorial that I used to make the 8 1/2 x 11 size boxes is found here: One Sheet Box Tutorial 
The tutorial for the 12x12 sheets is here. Just cut the paper at  6 x 12 to get 2 pieces: Haunting Treat Box

One thing that I love the most about this box is the variety of different ways you can dress it up and use different techniques to close the tops of the boxes so I wanted to share with you today a few ways that you can snazzy up the box once you are done with the base.  I used the beautiful Winter Fun line from Carta Bella for my projects today. I was feeling in such a winter-y mood today. We got our first snow fall of the year here in Utah and it felt right to celebrate it with this festive winter themed line. How fun would it be to add a little packet of hot chocolate and yummy marshmallows to the inside of these bags and give them out as treats! That's what I plan on doing!

This is the first box that I did. It is a very basic closure for this type of box. I punched 2 holes in the bag tops with my Crop-a-dile and then tied the ribbon to the front. 

Supplies used : 
Carta Bella Winter Days Snowflake Paper, Winter Days cut out, Stickers and Border,
Fringe Scissors, Citron Crystal Gem Sticker, Olive grosgrain ribbon, Tan button, Linen Thread.
The next 2 boxes are topped in some other fun ways. One box is topped with a 4 inch doily and some yummy brown and white bakers twine. The other box is topped with a strip of card stock that has been folded in half, the edges punched with a border punch and then attached with a tiny bit of Velcro on the front flap to keep it closed. 

Supplies used:
Doily box- Carta Bella Winter Days Blue Damask paper, Winter Fun cut out and snowflake sticker, Olive card stock embossed with an embossing template, 4 inch white doily, Brown baker's twine, Blue button, Citron crystal gem sticker

Border Punched Card stock box- Carta Bella Winter Days Snowflake paper, Snow Day Sticker, Blue card stock, Red card stock, Scallop Dot Border punch, Snowflake punch, Brown button, Blue and white Baker's twine, Velcro under front flap
 

The next 2 boxes feature some additional creative ways to top the box. One box is topped with some beautiful burlap ribbon and a die cut. The next is topped with some fun ribbon handles that make it look like a purse! What fun for your girlfriends to receive a cute little purse shaped box!

Supplies used:
Burlap Bow Box- Carta Bella Winter Fun Red Stripe and Tan and White Dot papers and sentiment stickers on the tag, Burlap Ribbon, Blue card stock Label shape cut with Silhouette and ran through Big Shot with Dot embossing folder, Red Heart button, Linen and burgundy twine. 

Purse Box - Carta Bella Winter Fun Burgundy Damask paper and Tan and White dot paper and sentiment sticker, Tan buttons, Burgundy twine, Burgundy and Tan grosgrain ribbon.




I hope that you enjoyed these fun and versatile little boxes. The Scor-Pal makes this box come together so quickly! I loved using the Scor-Tool to make the lines nice and crisp for this box which came in really handy and I think really helped hold the box together really well! 
Thanks for stopping by today and happy scoring!







No comments: