Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Scor-Pal and Simple Stories - Money Roll Box

Hello all! I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved working with my Scor-Pal and Simple Stories. Definitely one of my favorite companies as of late! I was happy to be able to work with the fun and funky and masculine line called Awesome - and indeed it was!

It is really hard to find a really cool and hip "masculine" line- Awesome was just the line I was looking for when I was trying to think of a clever way to give my 12 year old son some birthday cash! So I came up with this fun box I call a Money Roll box - Here's a little peek and then the tutorial on how to make one of your own.


Supplies:
Scor-Pal Tool 
Scor Tape 1/4 inch
Simple Stories Awesome Paper and Sticker Collection
Cardstock cut to 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 (kraft)
Cardstock cut to 4x6 (green)
Cardstock cut to 1 1/2 x 12  (green)
1 1/2 x 2 3/4 blue pattern paper banner
Buttons
Twine
Money :)

Step 1-
On the 9 1/2 inch side, score the paper at 1, 2 3/4, 6 3/4, and 8 1/2 inches
Step 2-
on 7 1/2 inch side, score the paper at 1 3/4 , 3 1/2,  5 1/4 and 7 inches
Step 3-
Cut the box as shown below - cut away the diagonal striped sections, cut on the solid black line sections, and fold on the dotted lines.

 Cut a slit in the 2nd from the bottom center section about 1/8th of and inch by 2 3/4 inches across.
Step 4-
Line up the bills of money that you want to use, end to end and tape together .
Step 5-
Add adhesive to the tabs as shown and then tape these sides in
 On the underside of the box you will need to roll the dollar bills up and then place one of the bills up through the slit on the top.( Make sure you have the right side of the bill that you want facing out)
 Notice that I wanted to have the face side of the bill facing forward and so I fed the bills through this way. Here is what the bills and box will look like before we decorate it :)
Step 6-
To decorate the box I added the 4x6 inch green cardstock to the back of the box. I added one of the 4x6 cards from the collection to the cardstock ( had to trim it down just a bit to 3 3/4 x 5 3/4 so it will fit.)
  Add the blue banner to the top left section  along with the stickers and buttons tied with twine.
Add a sticker to the top of the money for a fun pull tab.
 Add the 1 1/2 x 12 inch green cardstock around the box. Add the gear long border sticker to the green cardstock. Add the guitar, the "U" and the "Rock" sticker to the front of the box as well.

Thanks for joining me and Happy Scoring!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://hapna.com/pre/buypropeciaonline/#43891 generic propecia from cipla - propecia patient reviews